Effective communication is a building block for successful organisational goals. It is the mutual exchange of understanding originating with the receiver. It is neither the transmission of messages nor a message itself. The basic function of Management (planning, organising, staffing, directing, and controlling) can not be performed well with effective communication. Below are 7 Important ways that Communication can impact an organisation effectively.
- Communication promotes motivation by informing and verifying the employees about the task to be done. It helps to improve the manner in which they are performing the task and how to improve their performance, if it’s not up to the standard.
2. Organisational journals, magazines, meetings and various forms of oral and written communication help in moulding employees and individuals attitude.
3. It acts as a source of information to the organisational members for decision making as it helps in identifying and accessing alternative course of action.
4. Effective communication also assists in controlling organisational process and members behaviour in various ways.
5. Communication plays a crucial role in alternating or altering individual attitude.
6. It creates room for discussions and a need to socialize with others.
7. Effective business communication helps in building the goodwill of an organisation.
An effective and efficient Communication system requires managerial proficiency in delivering and receiving messages. Thus, the primary responsibility of a manager is to develop and maintain an effective communication system in an organisation.