Effective leadership is important for the growth and success of an organization because a true leader’ function is to provide direction, energize employers/followers and obtain their voluntary and sincere commitment in order to achieve departmental tasks and goals.
Leadership is a process by which both the leader and follower work together to get their needs satisfied. Here are 10 important roles that effective leadership play in an organization:
- Leaders create vision and set a direction for the organization.
- Leaders provide effective performance appraisal and good compensation for employees.
- They establish and define goals clearly for subordinates/followers.
- Leaders foster innovation and the attainment of long-term organizational goals.
- They acquire and manage human resources.
- They help in settling disputes among employees.
- Leaders influence and motivate employees to put in their best and move them toward the ideal future.
- Effective leaders maintain sound corrective measures in a workplace.
- Leaders create cohesive groups and teams that are required to meet the stated goals.
- Effective leaders improve the communication skills of his followers for a better interpersonal relationship.
Effective leadership in an organization creates a vision of the future that considers the legitimate long-term interests of the parties involved, develops a strategy for moving toward that vision.